Looking for a new career with a dynamic team where you can balance life & work? Look no further, CareOne at Randolph has just what you are need!
Now Hiring - Executive Chef- Randolph, MA
CareOne at Randolph
The center's mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to Maximizing Patient Outcomes. We treat Residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our Centers and Communities. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for Residents, families and our valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide. We have a graciously appointed facility with strong belief in patient care and service; join us at our beautiful facility!
1. Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, & directing the Culinary Services department, its’ programs and activities
2. Coordinate Culinary Services with other departments (i.e. Activities, Nursing, Social Services, etc)
3. Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of Culinary Services personnel.
4. Determine departmental staffing requirements necessary to meet the Culinary Services department needs and assign a sufficient number of personnel for each shift
5. Schedule department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedule), personnel, work assignments, etc. to expedite work
6. Delegate administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability to other Culinary Services personnel as deemed necessary to perform their assigned duties (ie. ACSD, Exec Chef, Sous Chef cook, Wait Staff etc)
7. Counsel/Discipline Culinary Services personnel as requested or as necessary
8. Make daily rounds to assure that Culinary Services personnel are performing required duties and assure that appropriate Culinary Services procedures are being rendered to meet the needs of the facility.
9. Assist in establishing a Culinary Services production line to insure that meals are prepared/served on time
10. Conduct department personnel evaluations in accordance with the company policies & procedures.
11. Assure that all department work areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner
12. Insure that Culinary Services personnel follow established department policies & procedures including appropriate dress codes.
13. Make periodical rounds to check equipment and insure it is in good working condition
14. Insure that department personnel operate equipment in a safe manner
15. Assist support services in developing, implementing, and conducting in-service programs in conjunction with Culinary Services department
16. Insure that department personnel are trained to use labels, and MSDS to recognize hazards and follow appropriate protective measures
17. Attend department head meetings as scheduled or may be called
18. Maintain current records of department expenditures and assure that adequate financial records and cost reports are submitted to the Administrator or Regional upon request or as necessary
19. Make department adjustments in order to conform to the approved budget or as may be dictated by an analysis of the monthly operating statements
20. Monitor department to ensure that all resident nutritional needs are being met
21. Maintain current and up-to-date residents profiles including name, diet order, food preferences and allergies
22. Process diet changes and new diets as received from nursing services
23. Assist the QA committee in developing appropriate plans of action to correct any Nutritional Services related deficiencies
24. Insure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with company policies & procedures
25. Visit residents periodically to evaluate the quality of meals served, like/dislikes, etc.
26. Responsible for the purchasing of Culinary Services supplies, equipment, etc. as required
27. Insure that adequate par-levels of food items are maintained at all times
28. Interview residents/family members to obtain diet history
29. Make daily rounds in department to ensure that all sanitary codes are adhered to.
30. Frequent sanitation audits of department to insure compliance with State & Federal Sanitary Codes.
31. Frequent test trays completed to ensure meal quality & temperature
Necessary certification required by the state ie ServSafe
1. Healthcare experience preferred
2. 2 years managerial experience
3. Supervisory experience in kitchen operations
4. Must be able to read, write, speak, & understand the English language
5. Culinary skills required