Balance Life & Work with a New Career Opportunity
LONG TERM CARE - SKILLED NURSING
Now Hiring – REGISTERED NURSE/FACILITY EDUCATOR – East Longmeadow, MA
Care One at Redstone
The CareOne at Redstone mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to Maximizing Patient Outcomes. We treat Residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our Centers and Communities. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for Residents, families and our valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Opportunities to advance and grow your career
• And More
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide. We have a graciously appointed facility with strong belief in patient care and service; join us at our beautiful facility!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Facility Educator’s Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands and applies OBRA Regulations.
• Understands and applies principles of adult learning.
• Works in collaboration with all facility department directors in the orientation and education of staff to
• ensure all mandatory and regulatory education requirements are met within the facility.
• Conducts competencies in areas of nursing practice with attention to management of the medically complex patient, i.e. cardiac, heart failure, stroke, respiratory care needs (such as trach, vent, i.e.).
• Regularly conducts education needs assessment for facilities to assist in identifying areas for improvement
• Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of directing the in-service educational programs as required or directed for compliance with Federal, OSHA, State and JACHO Regulations and corporate policy.
• Ensure Integrity of educational programs offered within the facility by:
• Preparation, scheduling and selection of instructional material, equipment and training aids, to ensure that a state of art, meaningful in-service program is provided utilizing the corporate approved forms and documentation.
• Schedules and communicates in-service training programs according to the needs of facility.
• Ensures that required serviceable equipment and knowledgeable operators are available to present special in-service material as directed.
• Conducts regular scheduled meetings and education to all staff within the facility
• Ensure that in-service training classrooms or areas are properly prepared before training classes begin.
• Recommend to the administrator the equipment and supply needs of the department.
• Assess the learning needs of the staff through direct observation, formal learning assessment and indirectly through review of quality improvement and or program evaluation.
• Work with the Corporate Education & Development department as necessary and implement recommended changes as required
• Facilitates training related to electronic software programs, required certifications i.e. Intravenous and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
• Maintains attendance and documentation of in-services in accordance with regulatory guidelines and corporate policies.
• Assist licensed/certified nursing personnel (i.e., RNs, LPNs, C.N.A.s, CMAs) in obtaining in-service training to keep their license/certification current in accordance with state law and corporate policy.
• Obtain certification as a CPR instructor for the American Heart Association and provide CPR certification for designated employees.
• Coordinate Employee Health Program and maintain employee records in accordance with regulations.
Serves on assigned committees and attends designated meetings:
• Infection control
• Performance Improvement
• Department meetings
• Regional Facility Educators
• Other as assign
Performance Improvement activities:
• Assist in facility’s Quality Reviews efforts when related to education and employees’ health.
• Participates in Performance Improvement Committees
• Monitors using systematic process compliance of the education and employee health regulations of assigned facilities.
• Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the administrator concerning in-service training programs
• Implements recommendations from the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee as they relate to the staff’s educational needs.
• Identifies current employees to be mentored into both personal and career advancement towards leadership position within the corporation i.e. Assistant Director of Nursing to Director of Nursing or Certified Nursing Assistant to Certified Medication Aide to Licensed Nurse.
• Mentors identified employee as he/ she develops into new positions.
• Encourages personnel to get involved in planning programs, trying new ideas, etc., to enhance our educational in-service programs.
• Maintains a productive working relationship with the medical professionals and other health related facilities and organizations.
• Creates and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
• Promotes the morale of all personnel and maintain a spirit of cooperation.
• Assists in setting standards for department personnel.
• Remain current on new developments by attending professional institutions, reading professional journals and attending professional seminars.
• Attend and participate in professional associations’ activities and programs, to assure that you keep abreast of current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to Corporate Education & Development Department
• Daily duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Meet with the Administrator/ Director of Nursing Services to discuss and make recommendations in regards to the following:
• Educational needs/ concerns for facility
• Newly hired employees for all departments and estimated date of employee start
• Employee health concerns
• Workman’s comp/ disability issues
• Schedule in-services and employee health events for the day
• Make rounds of all units and evaluate the needs of potential/actual for education/ health
Weekly duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Assure that all the newly hired employees have received the required orientation for the facility and job
• Discuss the upcoming in-services and events at department meetings
• Discuss with the Corporate Educator concerns or needs for department or facility
• Maintain documentation of in-services
• Maintain employee health statistics
Monthly duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and post monthly in-service calendars
• Develop a report for each department that addresses the:
• Evaluation of each employee’s compliance to education requirements
• Evaluation status of each employees compliance to employee health regulations
• Meet with each department director to discuss the report and department needs regarding it
• Compile and provide the Infection Control coordinator employee health related IC stats
• Assure all newly hired employees have received the required orientation for the facility and job
• Facilitate IV education
• Facilitate/ conduct CPR classes
• Provide general orientation
• Schedule Employee Health Fairs for required physicals, TB screening and immunizations
Quarterly duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Attend the following meetings:
• Performance improvement
• Infection Control
• Facility Educator meetings
Duties as needed include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop, prepare, present and/or facilitate both formal and informal in-services.
• Manager on Duty as needed
• Attend corporate mandated educational workshops/meetings
• Maintain employee education files
• Maintain employee health files
• Make recommendations of supplies/equipments to the administrator
• Assist other CareOne/HealthBridge facilities in meeting educational/employee health requirements.
Develop educational binders:
• Annual In-service Binder
• In-Service Resource Binders